In addition to formal schooling and training, there are certain skills and qualities that someone should have in order to excel as a pharmacy technician:
- Are you interested in medicine and health care?
- Can you focus, even with frequent interruptions?
- Can you multitask?
- Do you work well with others?
- Are you detail-oriented and organized?
- Do you have good customer service skills?
- Are you able to deal with stressful situations?
- Do you have strong oral and written communications skills?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Are you computer literate?
- Do you have strong math, spelling and reading skills?
- Are you able to work independently?
- Is your record free of drug or substance abuse?
If you answered yes to most or all of these questions, then a job as a pharmacy technician might be the career choice for you.