The Prairie State has endless opportunities available especially when you enroll in one of the Illinois pharmacy technician schools. There are fantastic Illinois pharmacy technician schools in areas like Naperville, Chicago, and the Quad City area. If you can’t attend classes at one of the locations across the state, several Illinois pharmacy technician schools also offer online education programs. No matter which one of the Illinois pharmacy technician schools you enroll in, you will be provide with the resources needed to excel in this career. Explore your options by taking a look at our list of featured schools below and decide which one will work best for you!
As an Illinois pharmacy technician, you will:
- Ensure accurate pill count and labeling
- Properly filling patient prescription orders
- Keep stock and inventory of medications
- Processing prescription payments
Some career figures for pharmacy tech professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $29,950
- Currently employed: 15,740
- Employment outlook: 32% Growth over the next ten years
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Pharmacy Technician Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Pharmacy Technician - Certificate